25 & Y Publishing is a publisher of quality novels, novellas, novelettes, collections, anthologies, as well as nonfiction titles.
All submissions will be expected to meet New York publishing standards and should be sent to the acquisitions department at the following email: email@example.com and should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Submit a manuscript and a synopsis of the work.
- Acceptable formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf
- Double spaced
- Use a standard typeface such as Times New Roman, Courier, Calibri, or similar.
- Use 10 pt or 12 pt font
- For the manuscript, include a cover page with the title of the work, the word count, and your name and contact information.
- All pages should have a running header that include the name of the work, your name, and the page number
- If you wish to include illustrations or photos related to the text, you should own the rights or have ability to clear them for permission to include them within the manuscript. This does not include book covers or marketing images.
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged by an auto-reply. Acknowledgement of receipt does not represent or imply acceptance of manuscript for publication. Our reading time varies from weeks to months, depending upon our workload and the number of submissions. However, when possible we will attempt to give you a decent estimate of when you might accept a response and notify you which acquisitions editor is handling your submission. Please be patient and allow us time to respond accordingly.
25 & Y Publishing reserves the right at any time to list or limit submissions in various themes and sub-genres we feel are over represented, overdone, overplayed, or conflict with other titles we have in our pipeline for development. Such notice may appear at any time without notice. If your submission is sent to us before any such notice is published and has been accepted for review, it will be considered appropriately. We reserve the right to reject submissions for any reason at any time.
Manuscripts with extensive graphic content: sex, violence, language, and so forth may not be accepted and it will be determined on a case by case basis. We do not publish erotica. We will also not publish works that either glorify or irresponsibly exploit or represent pedophilia, rape, child abuse, mental and sexual abuse, bigotry, discrimination, and/or otherwise slander or attempt to slander individuals or organizations. We also reserve the right not to publish overtly political works regardless of their political orientation. We are in the business of publishing primarily entertainment works (nonfiction being the exception) and our focus will be on entertainment first, message second.